Seven Gables Inn


26 N Meramec Ave., St. Louis, Missouri


Built in 1926 in the Tudor Revival architectural style distinguished by steeply pitched roofs, an enormous chimney, tall, narrow windows and decorative half-timbering, the Seven Gables Inn originally contained 27 apartments, four offices and four storefronts. The building was developed by Captain Gunther Meier and Norman Comfort, partners in the firm of Hawke and Comfort, with the help of architect Daniel H. Mullen. The architect’s son, Dan J. Mullen, recalls the view from the building back in 1926: “There were mostly woods to the west, as far as one could see, all the way to Brentwood Boulevard.”

In 1985, the Seven Gables building was listed on the National Registry of Historical Places and renovated one year later by the Balke group. The once residential property, turned law office, turned storefront, has evolved and withstood the test of time. Today, the building at 26 North Meramec accommodates guests at the Seven Gables Inn and The Restaurant at Seven Gables. Its allure and uniqueness have been lovingly preserved and updated, with 32 uniquely decorated rooms and suites blending Old World charm with modern luxury.


32 guest rooms
3,200 square feet of event space
on-site restaurant
spacious & quiet courtyard
business desk